Posted on 25 December 2007 by tomatocasual.com
By Michelle Fabio
Here are five festive recipes with tomatoes that are sure to be a hit at any holiday party:
- Broccoli & Tomato Holiday Wreath from A Veggie Venture: “Broccoli & grape tomatoes formed into a wreath shape, topped with a lemon butter sauce.”
- Veggie Christmas Tree from Southern Food at About.com: You’ll need a 16-inch Styrofoam cone, parsley, plastic wrap, shrimp, cherry tomatoes, olives, cheeses, and decorative toothpicks.
- Cheddar Cheese Christmas Tree from Nibble.com: A tree featuring many different kinds of cheddar, fresh thyme, red grape tomatoes, and one large white button mushroom.
- Christmas Tree Ornaments as found on Cooksrecipes.com: Ritz crackers with cream cheese, sliced green onions, and tomato pieces end up looking like very festive Christmas balls.
- Christmas Tomato Salad by Judith Sweet: A “colourful and light starter to a Christmas meal” which is comprised of whole tomatoes “with layers of the cheesy filling sandwiched through them.”