Posted on 18 April 2008 by tomatocasual.com
By Reggie Solomon
- Our Tomato Casual team is growing like cherry tomatoes in August! We welcome Thomas Cenci, our new Tomato Chef who will help us all enjoy this tender fruit all year long as he did this week with an original recipe for Tomato Beurre Blanc. We also welcome Vanessa Richins who with a bachelors degree in horticulture is helping us decode our beloved gardening catalogs.
- Our Friend Ben at Poor Richard’s Almanac Journal picks his top 10 tomato varieties for beauty, snacking, sandwiches and home green houses and responds to a reader’s question regarding why anyone would want to grow tomatoes rather than buy them at a store.
- Celebrity Chef, Niall Harbison at iFoods.tv, who has cooked up dishes for the likes of Victoria Beckham, Robbie Williams, Bill Gates, U2, Lance Armstrong and Mariah Carey stumbles across our site this week and encourages Tomato Casual readers to share tomato pics and recipe videos with the iFoods.tv community.
- Rodger at My Garden Is My Space, shares some useful tomato growing tips.
- Given that we love “Everything Tomato,” we of course found this site about spaghetti sauce of interest.