By Thomas Cenci
We all know green tomato chutney.
It’s the first recipe that comes to mind when even mentioning the green fruit, but it doesn’t have to be just green tomatoes.
Why not try adding something else to help liven it up a little like using cardamon, coriander, chilli or even extra fruits like apple or pears. Try this recipe using poppy seeds or tell us what you add to yours.
- 2 lbs Green tomatoes
- Large pinch poppy seeds
- Half an onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2.5 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Thyme & Bay leafs
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- 3.5 oz Sugar
1. Cut the tomatoes into small pieces and finely chop the onion and garlic.
2. Place all the ingredients together in a pan with a little water and cook for about 1 hour.
3. Once all the ingredients have cooked down or reached the correct consistency allow to cool and taste for seasoning.
4. Place into a jar and store.