By Thomas Cenci
Avocados are now ripe in abundance and it’s time to make that famous duo of tomato and avocados.
From salads to salsas, it’s a classic combination that we all love.
- 1 ripe avocado
- Â½ small onion
- 1 small red chilli
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, peeled and chopped
- 15 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Salt and pepper
1. Finely chop the onion, chilli, and garlic.
2. Mix together with the sugar and season well with salt
3. Slice the avocado and add to the mix with the vinegar.
4. Add the cherry tomatoes and mix well.
5. Serve on top of some freshly baked bread or use as a dressing for a salad.